Now in every season flu, cold and cough is very common. And since we are heading towards winters these diseases will be even more prominent. Feeding your body with some specific food can help in making your immune system rock strong. Unfortunately not many of us knows what to eat to keep the common diseases at a distance.
Your diet plays a fundamental role in building your internal body system powerful and protected.It is always best to consume the food rich in vitamin and nutrients directly rather than pills and supplements.
- Leafy and Citrus food : Citrus fruit is primary food for boosting immune system and hence tops the chart. Vitamin C present in citrus food help in the production of white blood cells which is a major element in fighting infections. Not only citrus fruits but leafy green veggies like spinach, kale , bell peppers, broccoli and sprouts are also very rich in Vitamin C. So if you are over done with the fruits you can easily get on to some crunchy veggies to uplift your immunity.
- Eat Garlic : Don’t mind the smell of garlic as it is a wonder food to give a push to your immune system.Garlic contain active ingredients such as allicin, which fights infection and bacteria. Those who eat garlic regularly in food as less likely to catch infections. Side by side garlic is very good for your joint muscles and digestive system. It is a single food that has lots of hidden benefits for your health.
- Chicken & Fish : When University of Nebraska researchers tested 13 brands, they found that all but one (chicken-flavored ramen noodles) blocked the migration of inflammatory white cells—an important finding, because cold symptoms are a response to the cells’ accumulation in the bronchial tubes. The amino acid cysteine, released from chicken during cooking, chemically resembles the bronchitis drug acetylcysteine, which may explain the results. The soup’s salty broth keeps mucus thin the same way cough medicines do. Added spices, such as garlic and onions, can increase soup’s immune-boosting power. Oysters, Lobsters, Crab are rich in Omega-3 fats and helps with the production of white blood cells thereby improving your immune system.
- Green tea : Another amazing drink for healthy you is green tea. We all know about the numerous benefits a green tea has. Green tea being rich in antioxidants is very useful in boosting immunity. Take 4-5 cups of green tea everyday at regular interval of time. Preferably in the morning right after you get up, than 2nd before lunch, 3rd in the evening and 4th five minutes before bed. Since green tea is purely natural consuming more won’t harm you in any way.
- Almonds : Eating Almonds can help fight off viruses. Eat the almonds with the skin because when skin is removed it loses its benefits.